Your LinkedIn banner is the large image that appears at the top of your personal profile.
It’s an important part of your LinkedIn presence, as it’s one of the first things that people see when they visit your profile.
Fortunately, it’s easy to set up your LinkedIn banner and make it look professional.
Here’s how to set up your LinkedIn profile banner:
- Create your banner (Here’s a post on How to Create Your LinkedIn banner in Canva).
- Log in to your LinkedIn account and click on your profile in the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the banner image at the top of your profile and click the “Change background” button.
- You’ll see three options for adding a banner image: “Upload a new image,” “Choose from LinkedIn’s library,” or “Use a background color.”
- If you choose to upload a new image, you’ll need to select the image from your computer. LinkedIn recommends using a banner image that is 1584 pixels wide by 396 pixels tall and saved in JPG, PNG, or GIF format.
- If you choose to use an image from LinkedIn’s library, you’ll be able to browse through a selection of professional-looking images. Simply click on the image you want to use and it will be added as your banner image.
- If you choose to use a background color, you can select a color from the color picker or enter a hex code for the color you want to use.
- Once you’ve selected your banner image or background color, click “Save.” Your banner will now be displayed at the top of your profile.
- If you want to adjust the placement of your banner image, you can click and drag it up or down within the banner area. Just be sure to click “Save” when you’re done.
By following these simple steps, you can easily set up a professional-looking LinkedIn banner that showcases your personal brand.