How Creating Mini-Courses Changed My Business (and Can Change Yours, Too)
When I started my online business, I was thrilled to help clients grow and succeed.
However, as the business grew, I found myself working long hours, juggling marketing, sales, and client work.
It was clear I needed to rethink my business model to scale and have more time with my family.
That’s when I discovered the power of digital products. By selling digital products, I was able to add an additional stream of income to my business while also helping more people.
But my favorite digital product is the mini-course.
This quick-to-create digital asset is a game-changer.
Not only does it build your list with qualified buyers, but it also injects cash into your business every month.
Plus, it provides a low-cost gateway into working with you that can lead to higher-priced offers down the line.
What is a Mini-Course, Anyway?
A mini-course is a type of online course that is short, targeted, and compact.
Mini-courses are designed to be more focused and specific than traditional online courses, and are often used to teach a specific skill or solve a specific problem.
Because they are shorter and more targeted, mini-courses are often easier to create and more affordable for students.
Benefits of Creating a Mini-Course
Creating a mini-course is a great way to share your knowledge and expertise with more people that you can with your 1:1 services. It also allows you to diversify your income, build your list with qualified buyer (not just freebie-seekers), and can lead people to your higher-priced services and programs.
By creating a mini-course, you can also:
– Provide value to your audience: A mini-course can help your audience learn a new skill or solve a specific problem.
– Build authority in your niche: By demonstrating your expertise through a mini-course, you can establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry.
– Generate passive income: Once your mini-course is created, you can sell it repeatedly without putting in additional effort.
Mini-courses are smaller and more focused than longer Signature Courses, making them easier to create with less of a learning curve.
And don’t worry – you don’t have to be a person with 20 years of expertise under your belt. If you’ve got something to teach other people from SEO to coding to quilting to scrapbooking – you can create a mini-course!
How to Create Your Mini-Course in Record Time
Now that you understand the benefits of creating a mini-course, it’s time to start building one for yourself.
Whether you’re an established expert or just starting out, creating a mini-course can be a great way to grow your business and reach a wider audience.
But where do you start? How do you turn your knowledge and expertise into a valuable mini-course?
Here are the steps you need to follow to create your own mini-course and start generating passive income while providing value to your audience.
Step 1: Choose Your Mini-Course Topic
Before you start creating your mini-course, you need to decide what you want to teach.
First, think about what you are passionate about and what are knowledgeable in. Then, consider your audience and what they would find valuable and interesting.
Once you have your topic, you need to narrow it down to a specific area of focus. This will help you create a course that is focused, valuable, and relevant to your audience.
Here are some tips for choosing your mini-course topic:
– Identify your target audience and their needs: Who do you want to teach? What problems do they need help solving?
– Research your competition: What topics are other people teaching in your niche? How can you make your topic unique?
– Keep it laser-focused: Your mini-course should be focused on one specific topic, providing your students with a promised transformation.
Your mini-course should be laser-focused on providing your students with a promised transformation.
For example, if you were a social media consultant, you could create a mini-course on “How to create Instagram Reels.”
Step 2: Outline Your Mini-Course Curriculum
The next step is to outline your curriculum. This is where you will decide what lessons you will cover.
You can create an outline using a mind map, a bullet point list, or any other method that works for you. Just make sure that you include the main points you want to cover and the order in which you want to cover them.
The next step is to outline your curriculum. This is where you will decide what lessons you will cover. You can create an outline using a mind map, a bullet point list, or any other method that works for you. Just make sure that you include the main points you want to cover and the order in which you want to cover them.
Here’s how to create a solid mini-course curriculum:
– Define clear learning objectives: What do you want your students to learn in each lesson?
– Include teaching points: What information do you need to convey to help your students achieve their learning objectives?
– Add a conclusion: How will you wrap up each lesson to ensure your students understand the information you presented
Step 3: Create Your Mini-Course Assets
To make your mini-course more interactive and engaging, create supporting materials like worksheets and other assets. This can help your students to better understand the information that you are teaching, and will also make the course more memorable.
Here are some tips for creating mini-course assets:
– Use visuals: Including videos, slides, images, or other visual elements can help break up the content and make it more engaging.
– Create worksheets: Worksheets can help your students apply what they’ve learned and reinforce key concepts.
– Consider adding quizzes or assessments: Including quizzes or assessments can help your students check their understanding and reinforce the learning objectives.
You can use tools like Canva, Google Slides, or Microsoft PowerPoint to create your mini-course worksheets and other materials.
Step 4: Record Your Mini-Course
Now that you have your outline and assets, it’s time to record your mini-course.
You can do this using a screen recording software or a webcam.
Just make sure that you have good lighting and sound quality.
You can also use props or visual aids to help illustrate your points.
Keep it simple and on topic.
Make sure that your recording is high-quality and that the audio is clear. You may need to invest in a good microphone if the sound quality of your computer isn’t clear enough.
Here are two microphones I like and recommend:
Step 5: Outline Your Mini-Course Sales Page
In order to sell your Mini-Course, people need a place to purchase it.
That’s why it’s important to create a sales page that effectively promotes your mini-course.
To create a sales page for your mini-course, follow these steps:
1. Start with a headline that clearly states the benefits of your mini-course and grabs the reader’s attention.
2. Create an opening that sets the scene and introduces the problem your mini-course solves. Explain the pain points and frustrations your audience is facing and how your mini-course can help them.
3. Detail the curriculum of your mini-course, highlighting its key components and what the reader will learn. Make sure to include any unique or value-added elements that will make your mini-course stand out.
4. Share testimonials from previous students or customers who have seen success with your mini-course. This will give potential buyers social proof and help build trust.
5. Offer bonuses or additional resources that complement the mini-course and make it a more complete package.
6. Use strong calls-to-action throughout the page to encourage the reader to take action and sign up for your mini-course.
7. Close with a final call-to-action and a sense of urgency, such as a limited-time offer or a guarantee.
Remember, the goal of your sales page is to convince the reader that your mini-course is the solution they need, so make sure to clearly communicate the benefits, include social proof, and offer a compelling call-to-action.
Step 6: Design the Sales Page for Your Mini-Course
Once you’ve outlined your sales page, it’s time to design it.
You can use a tool such as LeadPages or you can use your own website to create a professional-looking sales page.
You can also hire a designer to create a custom design for you.
Make sure that your sales page is visually appealing and easy to navigate, and that it includes clear calls to action such as “Buy Now” or “I’m In!” that encourage people to sign up for your mini-course.
Step 7: Launch your Mini-Course and Make Money
The final step in creating your mini-course is to launch it to the world.
Launching can be a very exciting and lucrative process.
To maximize your chances of success, it’s important to have a clear and well-executed plan in place.
The following steps can help you launch and sell your mini-course with confidence:
1. Create buzz: Before you launch your course, create buzz around it on social media. Share teasers, sneak peeks, and behind-the-scenes looks to build excitement and anticipation.
2. Utilize your email list: Utilize your email list to promote your mini-course. Write an email introducing your mini-course and explaining what it’s about, what the benefits are, and why your audience should sign up. Offer an exclusive discount or bonus for your email subscribers.
3. Leverage social media platforms: Choose the social media platforms where your target audience is most active, and use them to promote your course. Share posts, run ads, and collaborate with influencers to reach a wider audience.
4. Utilize video content: Video content is a great way to showcase your mini-course. You can create a trailer or a promotional video that highlights the content, benefits, and value of your course. Share the video on social media and your email list.
5. Make it shareable: Encourage your students, friends, and followers to share your mini-course with their networks. Offer an incentive for referrals, such as a discount code or bonus content.
By utilizing these strategies, you can launch your mini-course quickly, reach a large audience, and sell a ton.
Time to Get Going On Your Mini-Course!
I hope I’ve opened your eyes to how doable it is for you to get your expertise packaged and out into the world as a mini-course!
Follow the steps outlined above, to create a mini-course from choosing your topic to launching it to the world.
Time to get busy and start planning your mini-course today and take your first step toward building passive income!